Gopher State Officials Basketball Update - Dec 31
1. The GotOfficials system is still not sending out any notifications including new assignments, cancellations, game changes, etc. All officials should log into GotOfficials frequently to see if anything has changed. Several games have been cancelled due to COVID, yet the officials have not been sent an email of the cancellation. So if you don't check GotOfficials the same day of the scheduled event, you may not be aware of any changes. I have been unsuccessful getting any information/updates from the GotOfficials administrator.
2. There are 150+ assignments on GotOfficials that have not been accepted. This may be partly due to officials not receiving "You've been assigned an event" notifications, but please check your schedule on GotOfficials and accept/turnback all games assigned. I will need to start reassigning games that are not acted upon. Its very helpful if all officials block of dates they are not available to work a basketball game.
3. I just added a bunch of middle school Boys games to self assign in the Wayzata area. Veteran officials.... please consider self-assigning a few of these games. Then I can assign a newer official to work with you to provide a mentoring opportunity. There are 2 games per court, each game lasts about 40 minutes, no full court pressing allowed, and pays $93!! Can easily work these games before a varsity game.
4. I also added a few North Branch 9th grade Boys games on self-assign. Consider working a game prior to a varsity game in the North Branch area. Pay is $66.
5, Be sure to contact your partner(s) 2-3 in advance and have 1 official notify the school. Be sure to inquire about any COVID mask protocols and be sure to share with your crew.
6. Have a safe and enjoyable New Years Eve!!
DUES - The Gopher State Board extended the deadline to pay dues without late fees to Monday, Nov 15. Dues paid after November 15, 2021 are $105. There are two methods of payment:
Online - The website for paying your dues online is www.gopherstateofficials.org/pay-dues. Make sure you fill out the correct form. Basketball says Basketball at the top and has basketballs in the background. There is a $3 processing fee.
By check - Send your check for $105 (payable to Gopher State Officials) to:
Gopher State Officials Association
P.O. Box 24052
Minneapolis, MN 55424-9998
INFORMATIONAL LETTER - Please refer to the informational letter for additional, pertinent information.